During this class, participants will learn the proper procedures for making entry into “Permit Required” confined spaces.
“A week after a routine check of a sanitary sewer line turned deadly, city officials confirmed Friday, May 14, that high levels of nitrogen led to a city worker’s death and hospitalized three firefighters.” This excerpt is taken from the Oxford Press, which recently reported on a deadly accident that took place in a confined space – in this case, a city sewer line. Read article.
This tragic event exemplifies the critical need to properly train employees who work in confined spaces. During this 8-hour class, instructors identify safety and health principles that help you meet OSHA requirements for confined space programs. Emphasis is placed on confined space entry topics that most commonly result in worker injury or death.
In addition, all training is documented and certified per OSHA regulations, and each trainee receives a comprehensive certificate of completion.
Class is designed to:
- Increase the knowledge of Confined Space Entry related issues
- Enlighten workers on OSHA’s requirements for confined space work
- Identify hazards that may exist and how to control them
- Determine what Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is needed in confined space environment
- Evaluate rescue needs and requirements.
Seminar topics include:
- Identifying permit-required confined spaces and hazards
- Proper utilization of gas monitoring equipment
- Methods to safely ventilate your confined space
- Duties of supervisors, entrants, and attendants
- Requirements for rescue services & personnel
- Steps necessary to temporarily reclassify a permit-required confined space to a non-permit space
- How to take advantage of OSHA’s alternate entry procedures
- Ensuring your written Confined Space Entry program and procedures meet OSHA regulations.
Date: July 23 or October 22
Time: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Location: AGC San Diego Chapter Office*
*You do not need to be an AGC member to attend class, although different fees apply.
Contact JB Safety & Rescue Services for questions or more information.